6:31 PM

How many roads must a man walk down? 16? 42?


Much has been said on the irreverences of the wealthy. And yet, strangely enough, very little has been said of the sanity of the healthy.

I saw a man jogging early this morning. It might have been so early, in fact, it was really rather late last night. Indeed he was jogging, there's no doubt about that. I saw him and stared. I'm not usually rude and my actions don't get frowned upon much, but this man was jogging when the rest of the world should be sound asleep (except in certain parts of western Europe, of course, but that goes without saying). And so I saw him and thought the kind of thoughts you only think when immersed deep within your thinking, that he probably shouldn't be out here so early. Or so late. Depends on your outlook on life and the general state of the world.

Now, why should it be, dear reader, that this man feels the need to mock the very essence of human existence. Of course, to dwell within the parameters of one such statement, one should take a moment to consider that which should have been considered some little time ago. That a man indeed, is no greater than the sum of his powers, and that his powers are indeed no less than the subtraction of his will. And if that will should alas be frowned upon, one should resort to a course of action no bigger than a household average walnut.

So he was jogging and I was staring. In a way, I guess you could say, that he was jogging while I was not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment