11:04 AM

Night out





I went to the all-famous Olive Garden a couple of weeks ago. (If you click on the link, the site has a nice little jingle on loop, guaranteed to have you tapping your toes in no time!)

After ordering whatever pasta I had chosen, the waitress asked me if I wanted a super salad. She said: "Super salad?".

I said, no.

And the girl looked puzzled.

So she asked again, "Super salad?", she said.

I said, "Fine, yeah, bring me whatever comes with my meal."

Then she said, in the kind of tone you only detect in characters inside a Twilight Zone episode: "Super salad?".

We stared at each other blankly.

And just as I realized Ashton must be hiding somewhere nearby (because honestly, nobody could be that daft... well, maybe Karl Pilkington), my cousin, who was sitting across from me, informed me the girl was trying to ask me if I wanted "Soup OR salad".
Up next: More green eggs and ham, said Sam I Am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment